Advice for parents
To ensure the lesson runs smoothly:
- Please arrive 10 minutes before lessons start.
- Let us know if you have any health problems.
- Our services do not include equipment. Choose the right equipment which is well fitting, adapted for your level, and the type of activity.
- Ski lift passes are not included in the price of lessons and are compulsory for group and private lessons (children under 5 do not have to pay, but a pass is still required for access to the ski lifts).
- Insurance is not included in the price of lessons, so we recommend checking your personal insurance for skiing or to take out ski-specific insurance.
For your children:
- Children must come to lessons equipped (skis and boots, poles from 2eme étoile upwards, helmet).
- Helmets are strongly recommended for all levels.
- Gloves, ski goggles, sun cream.
- Please inform us of any health problems your child may have.
- Avoid disrupting lessons and calling out to your child during them.
- Allow the instructors to decide whether or not to change your child's group.
- Your child is on holiday, and the aim is for them to enjoy themself and want to come back. So respect their rhythm and don't try to turn them into champions before they're ready!
10 rules for good conduct
- Behave in a way that does not endanger others.
- Adapt speed and behaviour to ability, slope and weather conditions.
- Choose a trajectory that ensures the safety of skier down below.
- Overtake wide enough to prevent the skier from overtaking.
- Make sure you can safely enter a run by visually checking above and below.
- In the event of a fall, clear the piste as quickly as possible. Always park on the edge of the piste.
- Use the edge of the piste to go up or down on foot.
- All skiers must respect the signs.
- All skiers must provide assistance in the event of an accident.
- If you are involved in an accident or just a witness, let us know who you are.
- Our group courses are available for groups of 4 or more. If less than 4 people are registered for a group class, esf Saint-Nicolas reserves the right to cancel it.